[TriLUG] KDE e-mail client mystery

Brian Daniels bitmage at bellsouth.net
Tue Apr 30 11:49:01 EDT 2002

On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 09:31:12PM -0400, Greg Brown wrote:
> Quick question for ya'll.  I love my KDE mail client - except for one thing.
> A friend of mine sends me attachments from his Machintosh and I can never
> download the attachments.  I belive this is because his paths for the
> attachments contain spaces which freaks KDE out.  Here's an example of his
> latest:
>
> /Macintosh%20HD/Temporary%20Items/nsmail13.jpg
>
> So this e-mail is out there somewhere, but can't download it to my HD.

Um.  That link appears to point back to his local HD (physically inside the
Mac).  Unless you have some magic way of connecting to his machine, it's
not going to work.

It looks like his email client is creating links instead of attaching the
file?

Odd.

--Brian

--

Anything you can imagine (and many things you can't),
someone on the net is doing.

Brian Daniels                  bitmage at bellsouth.net
      http://www.eviloverlord.net