[TriLUG] Debian (was: Installfest SW)

M. Mueller mmueller at signalnetware.com
Tue Apr 30 21:51:50 EDT 2002

On Tuesday 30 April 2002 08:54 pm, Kevin wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-04-30 at 20:01, John Beimler wrote:
> > I don't mean to start a distro war, but Debian deserves a look.  Potato
> > is old and crusty, and Woody (soon to be Debian 3) still is carrying
> > over some of the issues, but for people who are looking for more than
> > "free beer" software, and an extremely strong community, Debian is worth
> > some time.

Where else can you get install help at 3am on Sunday besides TriLUG? Potato
old and crusty?  Maybe in Linux years.  I call it stable, reliable and
secure.  Those are comforting words to the crowd I try to run with.

> some poor deluded souls
> long for a port of Windows Notepad, but that's just wrong).

Really?  I'm wondering when uptime will be ported to Windows.

vi rocks.
--
Michael Mueller
Signalnetware, Inc.