[TriLUG] CD-R @ Installfest

Chris Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Wed May 1 11:00:58 EDT 2002

On Wed, 2002-05-01 at 10:54, M. Mueller wrote:
> is cd burning part of 'fest? is there a fast burner available?

Well yes & no.

I've got a 40X burner.  But I haven't gotten it to work yet.  My RH 6.2
on Sparc64 install is pretty fubar.  I can boot it through prom commands
(SILO is busted) and I can get it on the network but it's pretty far
gone.  I might end up having to transfer everything to an X86 box.

But back to the CD-R.  I picked up a 40X ATAPI burner (yes, that's
right, 40X ... my, how things change).  It is NOT presently working.  I
know what to try next but SILO is hosed so I can't go the next step.

So yes, I will have the burner there at the installfest.  If there are
any cdrecord veterans there to help get this thing working I think we'll
be in good shape.  I understand some other CD-R's will be there as well.

> one handed squirming baby holding typing here; sorry

Heh I know that dance all too well.  Baby is reaching for the keyboard
now which makes it even MORE interesting.