[TriLUG] Hopefully not so easy...

Chris Knowles knowlesc at telocity.com
Fri May 3 07:51:33 EDT 2002

Got another one for you.

Ever since I discovered fetchmail, I've also been using sendmail to send out
my e-mail.  (In that telocity gets cranky when you haven't just checked your
e-mail before you try using their SMTP server.)

Now, I've set the hostnames of the box I'm using using the GUI programs.
(That question was for a firewall)

PRoblem is, some domains are returning my e-mail saying that the sending
domain must exist.  And the domain they think my e-mail is coming from is
localhost.locadomain.

So, what do I do to allow myself to send mail?  I'm looking at the headers now
(And I've sent this from the box in question) and I see a lot of
knowlesc at localhost and such, but I've set the domain name to
deneb.dyndns.org.  Do I need to change some sendmail configuration?

CJK