[TriLUG] Re: Hopefully not so easy...

James Manning trilug at sublogic.com
Fri May 3 15:17:36 EDT 2002

[Jon Carnes]
> http://www.trilug.org/pipermail/trilug/Week-of-Mon-20020225/005272.html

One thing I didn't like about that original answer (nothing against John,
of course) is that Greg was trying to do the sendmail.mc approach (much
nicer IMHO) and it suggested a sendmail.cf hack to get the Dj in place.
While that works, I would probably suggest making the modification back
to the sendmail.mc file so any later mc edits and cf regens don't need
the hack again.  To figure out what you need to put in the sendmail.mc
to get the Dj entry, a grep should work:

jmm at jmm /home/jmm> grep Dj /usr/share/sendmail-cf/m4/*
/usr/share/sendmail-cf/m4/proto.m4:ifdef(`confDOMAIN_NAME', `Dj`'confDOMAIN_NAME', `#Dj$w.Foo.COM')

so for your sendmail.mc:

define(`confDOMAIN_NAME', `nc.rr.com')dnl

Just a thought *shrug*
--
James Manning <jmm at sublogic.com>
GPG Key fingerprint = B913 2FBD 14A9 CE18 B2B7  9C8E A0BF B026 EEBB F6E4