[TriLUG] fonts for gimp

Elliot Peele elliot at trilug.org
Fri May 3 16:11:43 EDT 2002

I am trying to figure out how to add fonts to gimp so that I can design
a logo. I have tried to install freefonts and sharefonts, but the
install instructions for both of them don't work. The instructions say

	xset fp+ /usr/X11/lib/fonts/freefont
	xset fp rehash

first problem is that directory doesn't exist so i put them in
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/freefont. When I try to use the xset command as
illustrated above I get

	X Error of failed request:  86
	Major opcode of failed request:  51 (X_SetFontPath)
	Serial number of failed request:  9

I get the same results from trying to install sharefonts. Does anyone
have any idea what i'm doing wrong and how to fix it or where i can find
a better collection of fonts.

Thanks

Elliot

--
* Elliot Peele                                                   *

	Avoid the Gates of Hell.  Use Linux
			--/usr/games/fortune linuxcookie

	lp1 on fire (One of the more obfuscated kernel messages)