[TriLUG] Hopefully not so easy...

Andrew Perrin clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu
Fri May 3 22:42:26 EDT 2002

I've never used postfix, so can't comment.

I had to manage sendmail for a few years on a small solaris network. It
was certainly manageable, but the syntax of sendmail.cf is amazingly
arcane.  Any changes always involved a lot of digging through docs.

I use exim now, albeit not in any large or multiuser
setting. Configuration is a cinch, and it's very flexible. I'm willing to
believe it's slower and less scaleable than sendmail, but it does
everything I need and I don't spend time reading the documentation.

clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu * andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu