[TriLUG] Hopefully not so easy...

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Fri May 3 22:50:04 EDT 2002

 --- Original Message: Friday 03 May 2002 09:31 pm ---
> Very interested.  I've heard recommendations for sendmail (for those who
> like a challenge...) exim (as being easier and "saner" than sendmail) and
> postfix... So, can proponents of the three duke it out for my amusement?
> :)

Well first of all Exim sucks... :-)

Actually Exim is fine.  I don't happen to like its structure, but it is
better than Sendmail.

Although I will probably use Sendmail till the day I die, I think you should
really look at Postfix.  It's structure is extremely well thought out, so
that it is extremely secure, and highly efficient.  Also postfix is Sendmail
compliant - so all the things you've learned to do with Sendmail you can do
with Postfix.