[TriLUG] Sun RAID array

Jonathan Hassell jon at jonathanhassell.com
Thu May 9 09:10:30 EDT 2002

Hi, Mike

Thanks for the feedback and the welcome.  I look forward to making
(hopefully) some positive contributions to the group.

My new U2 - well, it's new to me, anyway - has an UltraSCSI 68 pin
interface on the back, so there should be no problems there.  (As an aside,
I do have an old SPARCStation 5/170 which can be had for a reasonable
price.  Just ask. :))

Furthering this discussion, it appears that what I've the opportunity to
purchase is actually one of the disk trays that goes in this huge array.
The e-mail message I received was misleading, but I'm wondering if it
wouldn't still work.  Does the disk tray not have a SCSI connector that
would be connected to the RSM 2000 controller?  Could one not just connect
the disk tray to the host system via the host's external SCSI attachment?
That would probably lose RAID functionality, but I'd be happy with a simple
JBOD configuration.

Thanks again for your help.

Best regards,
Jon

--On Thursday, May 09, 2002 8:53 AM -0400 Mike Johnson <mike at enoch.org>
wrote:

> Otherwise, make sure you have the space.  Doesn't look like a small box:
> http://sunsolve.sun.com/handbook_pub/Systems/Array_Options/ARRAY_OPT_RSM2
> 000_Rack.html

---
Jonathan Hassell