[TriLUG] DHCP not working

nroskam@rr.nc.com nroskam at nc.rr.com
Mon May 13 12:22:19 EDT 2002

My network card quit working with DHCP.  I can assign a static IP
address and get Internet access.  I have reinstalled the card and
switched slots.  The behavior happens across Windows ME, Windows 2000,
and Redhat 7.2.  Any ideas on what can cause this.  Other machines can
obtain IP addresses from my linksys router.  Additionally I know another
person who having a similar problem but are trying to connect to road
runner.  They have swapped network cards and still having the same
problem.
Sincerely,
Rock Roskam