[TriLUG] OT: Monitor/KVM problems

Lisa C. Boyd lcboyd at nc.rr.com
Tue May 14 12:20:17 EDT 2002

This isn't directly related to Linux, but you guys have been so helpful I
thought you might be able to point me in the right direction.

I have two computers (1 Linux/1 Windows), a Belkin KVM switch and a
Viewsonic Optiquest LCD monitor. The picture when viewing one machine is
blurry, but I can do an auto sync through the monitor's hardware controls.
The auto sync clears the picture until I switch over to the other machine.
If I do an auto sync on the second machine - the picture clears up but then
I have the same problem when I switch back to the first machine.

I've tried doing a search on Google and haven't found any relative
information. I'm not sure whether I need to look more under KVM switch
problems or if it's a Viewsonic problem or something else? Any ideas?

Thanks :) Sorry for the OT!
Lisa B.