[TriLUG] Another Installfest?

Paul D. Boyle boyle at laue.chem.ncsu.edu
Tue May 14 15:57:16 EDT 2002

Someone else wrote this but the attribution has been lost:

> >>Personally, I think we should help people of any race, creed, or belief
> >>system at the installfest. If they happen to want to install one of the
> >>Asian distros, more power to them, and I/we will gladly help.
> >>

> >OK

I think the real issue here is not aiming an installfest at a particular
ethnic group, but rather, aiming at a segment of users who need support
for different character sets and locales.  What special steps must be
taken if a user wants their box to conform to a particular locale?

While I have never had the need to install Kanji characters on one of
my Linux boxes there probably are certain people (regardless of their
ethnicity) who would find an installfest which emphemerally emphasizes
such a thing particularly useful.

Something to think about ...

Paul

Paul D. Boyle			    |	boyle at laue.chem.ncsu.edu
Director, X-ray Structural Facility |	phone: (919) 515-7362
Department of Chemistry - Box 8204  |	FAX:   (919) 515-5079
North Carolina State University     |
Raleigh, NC, 27695-8204
http://laue.chem.ncsu.edu/web/xray.welcome.html