[TriLUG] Another Installfest? - diversity

Thunder Bear thunderbear at yonderway.com
Tue May 14 17:07:55 EDT 2002

On Tue, 2002-05-14 at 17:02, David B. Rankin wrote:

> I attended the installfest this past weekend and was very impressed with
> the turnout and the atmosphere of the event.

Just another observation, with regards to the other comments about
diversity.  It struck me that the most recent installfest was the most
diverse I had ever seen.  I think there was a pretty representative mix
of races there (except maybe missing the latino segment in proportionate
numbers).  We're still coming up short on reaching the fairer gender but
a few of our lady geek friends did show up.