[TriLUG] Another Installfest? - UNC SILS

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Tue May 14 17:29:26 EDT 2002

On Tue, 2002-05-14 at 15:02, David B. Rankin wrote:
> Kim, et. al.,
>
> I attended the installfest this past weekend and was very impressed with
> the turnout and the atmosphere of the event. I would be happy to help
> arrange a Linux event at UNC.  Paul Jones was at one time very involved
> with the UNIX/LINUX movement at UNC and is certainly a good person to
> approach. I know for a fact that there is Linux interest at UNC - there
> are several people that work for me that are journeymen Linux hackers.
> We share books and good web links.

In the past, Joe Schuch of the UNC ATN (http://hotline.unc.edu/) has
been *very* helpful with scheduling classrooms for Linux Installfests.
Joe was (and may still be) one of the directors of the multimedia
classrooms at UNC-CH and his personal web page is at:

  http://www.unc.edu/~schuch/

If you folks would like to reserve a UNC-CH classroom with power outlets
and ethernet access, I would suggest that you talk to Joe.

hth,
Ed

ps - And while you're at it, *please* thank Joe for helping us in
     the past!

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD    |  Email:       ed at eh3.com, ehill at mines.edu
Post-Doctoral Researcher   |  URLs:        http://www.eh3.com