[TriLUG] Where, oh where, is libtinfo.so.5?

Thunder Bear thunderbear at yonderway.com
Thu May 16 09:51:02 EDT 2002

On Thu, 2002-05-16 at 09:05, Robert Floyd wrote:

> Is this why folks here never talk about SuSe distros?

I'm not sure exactly why, but SuSE has never really caught on in the
North America market.  I haven't played with it in a few years but IIRC
SuSE was one of the more proprietary Linux distros back then (like
Caldera).  Maybe that has something to do with it.

SuSE is still actively developing for sparc I think, but only provide
ISO images for their older releases.  I don't really feel like paying
for an OS *before* I know that I like it so for me anyway that enters
heavily into my reason for not running it.