[TriLUG] Where, oh where, is libtinfo.so.5?

Geoff Purdy geoff.purdy at verizon.net
Thu May 16 12:07:16 EDT 2002

> I was all set to run out to BB and pick it up today, but the Mandrake
> newsgroup has reports of problems with 8.2 as well, especially really bad
> fonts. Has that been your experience?

I hadn't noticed any problems with fonts, but I'm not very picky and probably wouldn't notice unless it was _really_ bad (a la the KDE default of "Arioso" in RHL7.2).  Perhaps one of the Mandrake gurus on the list can speak to this?  I remember changing all of the "helvetica" defaults to "helmet" but I can't remember if this was skipjack or mandrake (the system isn't with me right now).

The items I really like about 8.2 are the following:
 - RealPlayer plugin installation with Mozilla was trivial compared to RHL7.2
 - Evolution and Xine are packaged with the distro
 - System autodetects when my wireless card is inserted/ejected and connects/disconnects from the wlan automatically (IIRC, 8.1 didn't do this).
 - KDE is quite stable