[TriLUG] Promotions for Installfests

Mike Johnson mike at enoch.org
Fri May 17 10:08:36 EDT 2002

Tanner Lovelace [lovelace at wayfarer.org] wrote:

> Have you tried just:
>
> info <program>
>
> It works quite well.  It has the key bindings of emacs, but I
> don't believe it actually uses emacs.

Not to start a who'e 'emacs' vs 'vi' battle, but I don't know the emacs
bindings, so 'info' is pretty much unusable for me.  The navigation
makes very little sense.  I'd be happy with lynx being able to be used
to read info files.  I suppose it's gotten to the point that most
newbies are using the GUI displays for info pages, but I simply cannot
use them on an X-less box.

I really don't see the need for info pages.  The OpenBSD man pages are
the best I've ever seen.  I'm not sure why Linux couldn't just stick to
man pages (hrm, STTFMP).

Mike
--
"Let the power of Ponch compel you!  Let the power of Ponch compel you!"
   -- Zorak on Space Ghost