[TriLUG] Linux for Newbies

Thunder Bear thunderbear at yonderway.com
Mon May 20 17:05:03 EDT 2002

<co-chair hat on>
A majority of the steering committee met for lunch today and one of the
subjects we talked about was the recent discussion on reaching out to
newbies, providing better documentation, etc.

The members in attendance unanimously agreed to support this effort
through the use of TriLUG resources such as web hosting, mailing lists,
etc.

What we would like to see happen is some sort of face-to-face meeting
one weekend soon to discuss some of the ideas that have come up on the
list and come up with a strategic direction, and also for volunteers to
take on key leadership responsibilities for this effort.  For this to
work it is vital that regular members take ownership of this project and
see it through.  One or more of the SC members will try to attend this
meeting as well to facilitate whatever TriLUG-owned resources need to be
directed at this effort.

<co-chair hat off>

I'm personally very interested in this effort and would like to help,
but I think that the leadership has to come from someone with a better
sense of what the Linux newbies are looking for.  Personally, this
coming weekend is bad for me to meet but the next one should be fine.
Anyone?

--
-=[*Thunder Bear*]=-
+[Upchuckee Nation]+