[TriLUG] ASCII screenshot

M. Mueller mmueller at ss7box.com
Fri May 24 01:13:43 EDT 2002

On Friday 24 May 2002 12:53 am, Jon Carnes reputedly wrote:
> Can you paste using the dual click (I do it all the time, but it took some
> getting used to before I did it poperly)
>
> Your Xterm may not support the auto copy by highlighting.  The ones I run
> on Windows are like that.  I have to specifically choose copy. One of the
> reasons I really want to move my work machine over the Mandrake 8.2...

I am 100% Linux now.  My office machine is Mandrake 8.1. I am not sure what
I'll do when I get in a situation where I have to use Windows.  Probably bail.

> Jon
<snip>

> > I am using a xterm.  I tried the method above. Failed.  I highlighted,
> > opened vi blah, entered 'i' for insert, pressed two buttons on mouse (two
> > buttom simulating three button).  I saw nothing entered.  What am I doing
> > wrong?

Per your suggestion I tried RXvt.  It worked. Thanks.

I've needed this capability on several occasions in the past.
--
Mike Mueller
www.ss7box.com