[TriLUG] gnupg web of trust expansion

Chris Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Fri May 24 07:28:55 EDT 2002

I've been in contact with members of the Philadelphia Linux Users Group
regarding GPG.  The PLUG is one of the most crypto-aware user groups in
the world, and very well connected with prominent people in the free
software community.

It happens that I'm in the Philly region half a dozen times a year or
so.  They've invited me to go to one of their meetings (which they have
on average 1.5 times per month... VERY active LUG!) and told me they do
keysignings at all their meetings & events.  I plan on attending one
soon, probably in June if I can.  Will try to get as many people as
possible to sign my key while I'm up there.  In the meantime, the best
thing that we can do from this side is have as many people as possible
down here sign my key.  If you use GPG and I have not yet signed your
key, please bring your GPG fingerprint and a photo ID to the next
meeting, and make sure to sign my key once you have verified my
identity.

For more info on the Philadelphia GPG community:
http://www.phillylinux.org/keys/
http://www.biglumber.com/x/web?sl=42

I also travel to other areas from time to time and will be on the
lookout for other active clusters of GPG users to cross-sign with.