[TriLUG] Linux for Newbies

Mark Johnson mrj at debian.org
Wed May 29 11:25:35 EDT 2002

On Friday, May 24, Lisa C. Boyd wrote:

> BTW, the DocBook discussion interested me - I'm still trying to get a grasp
> on the basic Linux stuff much less the other different applications. Could
> a DocBook guru attend this meeting to help us see how we might use this to
> develop the information we're looking at adding?

Though I wouldn't call myself a DocBook guru, I may be able to attend
the meeting - depending on when it is. And while there, I'll work to
summon a bit of the wisdom learned from my personal DocBook guru.

> * It's nice to know that Pittsboro is growing :) The last time I was there
> (admittedly several years ago) I was busy riding around in the back of
> pick-up trucks with spotlights - don't hold that against me though :) Boy,
> do I miss those late country nights with a clear view of the stars ...

Yeah, ditto here. For 8 years I lived out in the boonies in Chatham
County. My dogs really miss it.

Mark

Mark Johnson        <mark at duke.edu>
Debian SGML         <mrj at debian.org>
Home Page:          <http://dulug.duke.edu/~mark/>
GPG fp: 50DF A22D 5119 3485 E9E4  89B2 BCBC B2C8 2BE2 FE81