[TriLUG] Newbie Mtg Plans - Part 2

Andrew C. Oliver acoliver at apache.org
Tue Jun 4 16:23:30 EDT 2002

Lisa C. Boyd wrote:

> You guys are getting way too far out with this stuff :) It's nice to
> know this group has such active imaginations!!

The tea my wife bought was unfit for human consumption so I'm on the
starbucks today.  Since I've been off it for so long, this level of it
brings on mild hallucinations. ;-)   (although the insect control system
was probably right on target for what is required to inhabit my backyard
after 6:00pm).

> Mark wrote:
>
>> Maybe it should be indoors?? (Just an idea...)
>

> Shucks - I thought we were going to test Andy's wireless security in
> his back yard while we were at it ;)

It appears to no longer reach, but back yard is better considering
personal space requirments for the number of people.
While my house is reasonably large, no one room is particularly large
with sufficient seating.

> Some way or another we'll post some notes from the meeting. I know
> I've had a few people email me off-list that will not be able to make
> the meeting but want to help. So have we heard back from the boss lady?

Boss lady confirms.  Its pot luck so bring a pot of gruel.  I'm working
on obtaining a grilling device.  The question is whether I have
sufficient mechanical skill to construct such a device in a manner that
does not put myself or others in any great risk of immolation.

-Andy