[TriLUG] Newbie Mtg Plans - Part 2

Lisa C. Boyd lcboyd at nc.rr.com
Tue Jun 4 16:35:34 EDT 2002

FYI - I've had a few people email me off-list asking if we are doing a
class for newbies :) I know there are probably more of you out there
wondering so I thought I'd clarify that this meeting is just a
planning-type thing. Newbies and veterans alike are welcome to come.
Ultimately we would like to provide information about Linux in an
easy-to-understand-for-newbies way in many different forms. We will most
likely talk about adding information to the web site, having informational
pre-installfests, and possibly even special classes. If any of you who are
lurking in the shadows would like to share some ideas - please feel free to
email me off-list. I'll take all the ideas I can pull together from this
list and off-list and bring it with me to the meeting for discussion.

Andy wrote:
>The tea my wife bought was unfit for human consumption so I'm on the
>starbucks today.  Since I've been off it for so long, this level of it
>brings on mild hallucinations. ;-)   (although the insect control system
>was probably right on target for what is required to inhabit my backyard
>after 6:00pm).

Yes - for some reason the insects in Durham seem to be larger both in size
and number. One of the reasons I don't enjoy playing softball in Durham
anymore!

>Boss lady confirms.  Its pot luck so bring a pot of gruel.  I'm working on
>obtaining a grilling device.  The question is whether I have sufficient
>mechanical skill to construct such a device in a manner that does not put
>myself or others in any great risk of immolation.

Geez :) You don't have a grill? I'm not sure I could talk my husband into
hauling his over there - he's kind of sensitive about that sort of thing -
but maybe we could work something out. I'll start discussions off-list next
week with those people who are coming so we can figure out who's bringing
what and so forth.

Lisa B.