[TriLUG] Re: sendmail and alternate ports

Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney alchemist at darkcanvas.com
Thu Jun 6 08:48:24 EDT 2002

On Thu, 2002-06-06 at 08:20, Thunder Bear wrote:
> Try using stunnel on your laptop to send all outbound port 25 traffic
> through a different port over ssl to your home machine, which will then
> stunnel back down to port 25.

That'll only cover a part of what he's got going on. Mutt calls sendmail
directly, which will try to route to the remote MX. If you tell sendmail
to use the smart host "localhost" (I cannot remember ths exact setting
ATM), and use stunnel, it should work.

Also, you can use the sendmail queue-only option in the command line
mutt uses, then run the sendmail daemon with the smarthost and stunnel
if you don't feel like waiting for sendmail to try to connect every
time....

--      Kevin "The Alchemist" Sonney      --
--  ICQ: 4855069            AIM: ksonney  --
320C 0336 3BC4 13EC 4AEC  6AF2 525F CED7 7BB6 12C9

 This email was generated by a Group of Attack Elephants