[TriLUG] Dumb Terminals?

Lisa C. Boyd lcboyd at nc.rr.com
Fri Jun 7 14:16:46 EDT 2002

I'm not sure I'm even going to be asking this question right, so cut me
some slack please :)

In one of the articles past along to the group (I believe from Josep) about
schools switching to Linux, it was mentioned that a server is setup and
then dumb terminals are used in the computer labs. What exactly is needed
inside the computer for a dumb terminal? Like how much memory? hard drive?
network card? etc. I'm assuming that the computer wouldn't need a floppy or
cd-rom either.

Any info is greatly appreciated. Just point me in the right direction :)
TIA!
Lisa B.