[TriLUG] So I went and bought a Sharp Zaurus...

David A. Cafaro dac at cafaro.net
Wed Jun 12 20:52:44 EDT 2002

I'd check out this site for cool software:

http://www.killefiz.de/zaurus/

There are lots of cool things.  If you want just to do the wow factor
you could always install VNC server and client on your Z, add ssh for
security connections, maybe throw on Apache with PHP and MySQL (why,
cause you can :-) ), and just for fun samba (since they are windows
people...).  Of course just the fact that you have a hidden keyboard is
enough to catch attention.

If you bought the SL5500 you should probably do the rom update to 2.20.
It adds a few nice features.  You can find that at:

http://www.myzaurus.com

And a good place to find how-to's:

http://www.zauruszone.com/howtos/

Enjoy, I love my Z.