[TriLUG] So I went and bought a Sharp Zaurus...

Justin Johnson justin at eCotton.com
Wed Jun 12 23:30:55 EDT 2002

> There are lots of cool things.  If you want just to do the wow factor
> you could always install VNC server and client on your Z, add ssh for
> security connections, maybe throw on Apache with PHP and MySQL (why,
> cause you can :-) ), and just for fun samba (since they are windows
> people...).  Of course just the fact that you have a hidden
> keyboard is
> enough to catch attention.
>
> If you bought the SL5500 you should probably do the rom
> update to 2.20.

Thanks for the ideas, and the url's. I actually bought the SL5000D, which
probably had something to do with getting the price that I got. My
understanding is that the only difference between the two models was the
amount of memory. Am I on target with that? I didn't do the ROM update, as I
wanted to be     absolutely sure I knew what the differences where before I
did. Guess I have some research to do before I do anything.

Thanks,
JJ