[TriLUG] So I went and bought a Sharp Zaurus...

David A. Cafaro dac at cafaro.net
Thu Jun 13 11:26:01 EDT 2002

Ok, well then you need to stick to the SL5000D ROM's (they are a
different breed of ROM image for the smaller memory profile).  You can
find them at this link:

http://more.sbc.co.jp/slj/download.asp

Also they released Hancom Office for some of the developer models so
check their site here:

http://www.zaurus.com/dev/hancom/registration.php

On the hardware side there are very few differences.  The two main ones
are the less RAM, and a possible issue with batteries not getting fully
charged in the Developer model.  I don't have the developer model, but I
have seen several post on the zaurus-general list stating that.  You
might want to look into that if you are not happy with battery life.

Definitely do your reading.  The www.zauruszone.com list and Forum (when
ever it gets back online) are great resources for info.  Good luck.

-David