[TriLUG] RR and pre-meeting subjects :

Lisa C. Boyd lcboyd at nc.rr.com
Thu Jun 13 10:27:55 EDT 2002

>- First up, before everyone gets their knickers into too big a twist,
>I've just gotten word from a reliable source that the mail problems on
>RR are pretty evil, but not their fault. Patience is required, and if
>you ever meet a RR tech, buy him or her a tasty beverage.

Problems going on 4 days now - that is a pretty evil problem. I don't envy
the guys trying to fix this. I understand that sometimes techies are bound
by the higher-ups who don't understand a lick about DNS or SMTP or whatever
other letters you put together. I do realize that their service is not
meant to be used as much as I use it - but it's hard to adapt when I'm a
computer addict. So how can we help the techs get this problem fixed once
and for all? Do we need to complain to the higher-ups? Do we need to help
them with research on solving this particular problem? I wouldn't go off on
any techie person because I know they're just trying to do their job. What
really bugs me - at least right now - is that I don't really have a choice
for high speed internet connection. DSL stops about 2,000 ft from being
available at my house (last I checked) and satellite will not give me the
upload speeds I need. I think a T1 line to my house would be a little
overkill not to mention a little out of my budget range. I'm open for ideas
- it's just frustrating when there are problems and I can't do anything
about it but vent here :)

>- I'll have some really cool news at the meeting, and will forward it to
>the list afterwords. But those of you at the meeting will get first dibs
>at it *grin*

Ya big tease! I hate that I can't make it to the meeting tonight, but
hopefully the message will come through to me sometime in the next day or
so - if not, someone let me know what it is Saturday - ok?

Lisa B.