[TriLUG] Kevin: Airport Config + Long Haul Wireless

Lisa C. Boyd lcboyd at nc.rr.com
Thu Jun 13 14:41:06 EDT 2002

>On the subject of getting that last 2000 feet:

Thanks everyone for all that information, but you still have my head
spinning :) I'll tough it out with TWC until I can find a better
alternative or their service gets better. I'm happy to see that my modem is
still up and running after the brief rain shower we just had - guess that
is an improvement :)

>Whats the plan for this newbie affair?  I could use some real instruction on
>a few fronts.  Fundamentals like recovering a damaged system, backing up
>data, and sorting out hardware issues would be ideal.  For example, I would
>like to load Debian on my Thinkpad 701C (I've done this in the past) and
>have someone point out what packages I can trim out to save overhead in CPU
>and storage.

The newbie affair this Saturday is to begin discussing the possibilities -
ie. beginner/intermediate/advanced classes, online classes, easy to
understand online information, etc. We'll be talking about all the
possibilities and try to narrow down some concrete projects. Then we'll be
coming back to the list to see who could work with what and that kind of
good stuff.

Are you up for coming and sharing some ideas?

Lisa B.