[TriLUG] Saturday Meeting to set up programs for inducting unsuspecting newbies into the Cult of the Penguin

Andrew C. Oliver acoliver at apache.org
Thu Jun 13 17:09:50 EDT 2002

<snip/>
> The Trilug webmaster notices that Andy hasn't looked at
> the web page in a while.  The directions and announcement have
> been on the web page for about a week. :-)

The webmaster is mistaken, Andy just doesn't scroll ;-)

> > <rant>
> > Of course emailing me is not very efficient these days as
> > sucky-ol-roadrunner-mail-server delivers it when it feels like it.  I'm
> > now getting emails from freaking April that I never recieved (that I
> > recall) before.  (like I said before, I don't care whose fault it is,
> > road runner's email service still sucks, and its been over a year of it
> > sucking utterly and completely -- freaking hotmail has better
> > reliability now a days).
> > </rant>
>
> Well, all I can say is that it works alright for me.  Of course,
> I run my on mailserver, so that might make a difference.

Yes...  Refresher on how to set one up and perhaps even DNS (the howto
if I recall was fine, but many do not learn that way) would make a nice
presentation.

BTW, I'll be missing tonights meeting.  I'm procuring a new grill.
While tonights subject particularly interests me I think I have a bit
more to learn on XML technologies before I'm ready for it.

Thanks,

-Andy

> Tanner, TriLUG Sys Admin/Webmaster
> --
> Tanner Lovelace | lovelace at wayfarer.org | http://wtl.wayfarer.org/
> --*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--
> GPG Fingerprint = A66C 8660 924F 5F8C 71DA  BDD0 CE09 4F8E DE76 39D4
> GPG Key can be found at http://wtl.wayfarer.org/lovelace.gpg.asc
> TriLUG Organizational FAQ:
http://www.superlinksoftware.com - software solutions for business
http://jakarta.apache.org/poi - Excel/Word/OLE 2 Compound Document in
Java
http://krysalis.sourceforge.net/centipede - the best build/project
structure
		    a guy/gal could have! - Make Ant simple on complex Projects!
vote.
-Ambassador Kosh