[TriLUG] Saturday Meeting to set up programs for inducting unsuspecting newbies into the Cult of the Penguin

Andrew C. Oliver acoliver at apache.org
Thu Jun 13 17:11:48 EDT 2002

> Yep, that would make a huge difference.  RR connectivity seem to do OK,
> but even that depends on where you live.  (I'm in western Durham and
> have only had a couple of problems over the last year.)  From the e-mail
> discussions here over the last couple days, the issue seems to be with
> RR's mail servers and with the DNS servers.  So running your own mail
> server -- like we do as well -- shields you from that particular pain.

yes

> I have one machine on my home network that's configured to relay
> outgoing mail through RR's mail server, and I haven't seen any problems
> with that.  (Of course, I also have any mail to root being relayed so
> even if there was a problem with the relaying, I'm not sure that I'd see
> anything 'cause it would probably just create a mail loop.)

yes.

> Mike
>
> --
> Mike Broome
> mbroome(at)employees.org
> TriLUG Organizational FAQ:
http://www.superlinksoftware.com - software solutions for business
http://jakarta.apache.org/poi - Excel/Word/OLE 2 Compound Document in
Java
http://krysalis.sourceforge.net/centipede - the best build/project
structure
		    a guy/gal could have! - Make Ant simple on complex Projects!
vote.
-Ambassador Kosh