[TriLUG] RR and pre-meeting subjects :

Tanner Lovelace lovelace at wayfarer.org
Fri Jun 14 14:44:09 EDT 2002

> Whatever dude.  I agree to be jacked because i don't have a choice.  Its
> the only high speed available.
> When I said I'm paying for it I didn't mean "gee they're legally
> obligated to blablabla"  I mean my money
> is for a service, all the legal bs aside, their DNS and SMTP service is
> unsatisfactory.  At the high premium these
> lovely monopolists charge, I'd expect them to be at least 1/4 as good as
> others.

Andy,

I've been reading your rants for several days now and I've
come to the conclusion that someone should point out to you
the old aphormism that you can catch more flies with honey
than vinegar.  Your constant rantings are not bringing people
around to your cause.  Do you have a grievance, possibly, but
at this point I'm more likely to dismiss you out of hand
just because of your attitude.

Since you are so unhappy with RR, and you mention you can't
get DSL, perhaps you should consider something else, like
satellite internet.  DirecTV offers internet completely over
satellite, no phone lines involved, and the prices, right
now, are the same as what I pay for cable internet. $99 down,
$99/month. http://directv.direcway.com/main/index.html for more info.

If, however, you don't want to consider changing, then perhaps
you might consider venting your frustration some place other
than this list.  You have long since gotten off topic and I
would tend to believe a lot of people just don't care anymore.
If you have something more to contribute to linux or the newbie
meeting this week, great, but please stop e-mailing list
list about your frustration with RR.

Tanner Lovelace
(speaking for myself, not for the SC)
--
Tanner Lovelace | lovelace at wayfarer.org | http://wtl.wayfarer.org/

 History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times
 of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to
 endure.  --  Justice Thurgood Marshall, 1989