[TriLUG] Red Hat 7.3 + Ximian = bad mojo

Dan Chen crimsun at email.unc.edu
Sun Jun 16 01:12:20 EDT 2002

On Sat, Jun 15, 2002 at 11:38:55PM -0400, Chris Hedemark wrote:
[snip]
> Also memory is leaking badly.  I've got half a gig of RAM, and when the
> system is idle (with only 8 days of uptime) I'm 23MB into swap.  This is
> without evo even running.

I'm aware that Evo tends to hog memory, but if it's any consolation, my
machine has been up for a similar stretch, and I'm 60-some megs into
swap. This is w/ a gig of RAM. Same basic vm (minus RH's tweaking), so I
dunno if it's the kernel.

[snip]
> the cake.  Consider yourself advised that this combination may not be
> safe.

Thanks for the heads-up.

> What's next?  I'm going to try for the heck of it to reload this machine
> with OpenBSD.  Have plenty of servers running it and doing very well.
> No desktops to date.  If it doesn't work well, I'll try Mandrake after
> that.

...or Debian! =)

Dan Chen                 crimsun at email.unc.edu
GPG key:   www.unc.edu/~crimsun/pubkey.gpg.asc