[TriLUG] Mp3 players, Linux & car

Andrew C. Oliver acoliver at apache.org
Sun Jun 16 13:26:51 EDT 2002

Hi all,

I'm finding CDs incresaingly inconvienient, however, I've got a lot of
CDs (so I can't go cold turkey).  I'd like to be able to save them off
as MP3s and use them via an MP3 player for the car.  I have both a tape
player and CD player for the car, but I'd rather an Mp3 player with
maybe a radio interface to avoid the necessity of hookups and wearing
out my tape player (and messy wires are a pain in a miata).

Is there a MP3 player with a reasonable amount of storage, communicates
via radio and a convieinient interface that I can download music to via
my linux box thats not an arm and a leg?

Thanks,

-Andy