[TriLUG] non-X86 hardcore installfest interest?

Mike Johnson mike at enoch.org
Wed Jun 19 14:23:36 EDT 2002

Lisa Lorenzin [lorenzin at 1000plus.com] wrote:

> <tongue type="firmly-in-cheek">
>
> *GASP* but, but, but...  then you're discriminating against people who use
> x86!  we can't have a LUG-sponsored installfest and exclude people, it's
> against our charter!  people who run x86 are a huge part of the linux
> demographic, and we can't risk offending them...
>
> </tongue>
>
> (sounds like fun to me.)

Well, now that someone has blown the whistle on our little x86 bashing
session, we have to move it underground.  You'll now only be allowed in
if you bring an x86 CPU (CPU only!) to sacrifice.  Further, we'll all
stand around while you do harmful things to the little beastie before
you can graduate to real hardware.

Okay, so that probably isn't a requirement, but it should be.  At the
least, I think it would be fun.  I know I have more than my fair share
of 486 CPUs laying around, and I'm definately not averse to torturing
poor, defenseless hardware.

Mike
--
"Let the power of Ponch compel you!  Let the power of Ponch compel you!"
   -- Zorak on Space Ghost