[TriLUG] non-X86 hardcore installfest interest?

Thunder Bear thunderbear at yonderway.com
Wed Jun 19 15:07:06 EDT 2002

I've gotten OpenBSD 3.1 working on those.  It's finally stable!  ;-)
I've had luck installing on those through the swapfile method.  i.e. you
dd a miniroot filesystem into the swap partition, reboot, STOP-A, and at
the OK prompt do a "boot disk:b bsd" which then boots the OS loader.  At
that point you can install the whole OS over ftp.

I haven't gotten X working yet on the console but I haven't really
tried.  Aside from that it is very stable.

I've got the MySQL guys poking around in there working on an official
port to OpenBSD/sparc.  When they are done they will put binaries out on
their public web site for this platform.  That lone made it a good use
of time & hardware I think.