[TriLUG] Big problems with a Red Hat 7.2 -> 7.3 upgrade

Jason Tower jtower at nc.rr.com
Wed Jun 19 23:09:52 EDT 2002

1. if you had seperate partitions for things like /home or /var you could
re-run the installation and use them without reformatting, thereby
preserving your data.  this type of problem is exactly why it's not a good
idea to use one big partition for /.
2. failing that, you could remove the disk, stick it in another box, mount
the partitions, and extract your critical data.
personally, i've not been impressed with rh73, it's caused me FAR more
grief than any other version.  i've installed it on half a dozen boxes but
went back to using 7.2.
jason