[TriLUG] FYI - Philanthropy Journal Story Re: Technology Foundations for Community Foundations

William W. Ward wwward at pobox.com
Mon Jun 24 23:14:25 EDT 2002

http://www.philanthropyjournal.org/more.asp?ID=2241

I stumbled across this during my late night wandering on the Web.  It
highlights a short story about a non-profit association that has created a
"technology roadmap" that it will recommend for non-profits to follow.
Maybe its a bit higher up in the food chain than this group would be
concerned about, large non-profits probably dump some serious change into
their IT operations, but I thought you might be interested in seeing what
sort of traffic there is in the circles.

The highlight of the article is a mention of this organization and Microsoft
working together to create a metric tool for evaluating the effectiveness of
a charity project on its intended audience.  Of course, MS will probably
license this code at bargain basement prices, and then require the
non-profits to go through an annual software audit!

Bill