[TriLUG] Follow-up on RAID card: Mylex DAC960?

William W. Ward wwward at pobox.com
Mon Jun 24 23:21:02 EDT 2002

This card appears to be a Mylex DAC960.  The Mylex branded chip is marked
with a 189206-2.  As I said earlier, it has three channels internally, two
externally using the VHDCI connector types, and looks to be ultra-wide.  Its
a PCI card, obviously, and requires a full-length slot.  It includes a stick
of 72p SIMM memory of unknown value, and has never actually been used in any
of my equipment, so I have no idea if it works or not, or how well it would
perform.

But you could use it to drive that disk enclosure if you wish.

-b-