[TriLUG] C# and .NET and Python

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Mon Jul 1 23:01:40 EDT 2002

On Monday 01 July 2002 10:02 pm, Kevin Sonney wrote:

> Me? I'm a firm believer in 'the right tool for the right job" - perl is
> good for some things, Java for others, python (which I need to learn)

I've got to put in another plug for Python here.  I'm using it for all
sorts of quick projects - previously I would have used C or Perl, but
Python is much easier and faster.  I'm so pleased with it that I'm
contemplating writing my next CGI in Python.

The language is very easy to learn.  You can begin programming in Python
almost immediately.  Plus, for the adventurous at heart, there are the
vaults of Parnassus...

Jon