[TriLUG] I'm a linux newbie!

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Mon Jul 1 23:36:02 EDT 2002

> POST sequence went without any errors, proceeded to "Verifying DMI Pool
> Data" and then sat there.  Nothing happened.  I don't know what is wrong,
> but I would assume (that might be part of my problem) that it would start
> "Ctrl+Alt+Del".  No messages (nothing like the shutdown messages I
> received when I hit "Ctrl+Alt+Del" when I had RedHat 5.2 on the same
> system.
>
> Any help would be, well, helpful.
>
> Thanks in advance to any advice given by anyone.
>
> Regards,
> Jeff Warner

I had a problem like this once and it was because the DiskDruid (the auto
partition program) didn't mark any partition as active... but that was a
long time ago.

Try booting from the CD and choose "rescue" mode, that should let you mount
your partitions that you just made.  If you can mount those partitions then
the partitioning went alright and your drive is probably good.  You'll know
that the problem lays somewhere in the boot sequence.

Do you remember if it used LILO or Grub to boot with?

Jon