[TriLUG] [OT] Desk Toys and Real men (was: Re: Theo is a not nice person)

Mike Helms Mike.Helms at martinmarietta.com
Wed Jul 3 11:24:28 EDT 2002

Wow, I thought I was the only one who had desk ornamentation.

Beside my monitor at home I have a piece of the Egyptian pyramids I picked
up when I was in Cairo, a Russian diving watch to tell the time, a Kodak
Baby Brownie camera (usually with a fresh roll of 127 in it, because
everyone needs a Brownie Camera for spontaneous photography), and a couple
of those cheap plastic army figurines.  Sometimes I pretend that I'm the
army guy with the machine gun, and I line up the other guys who I pretend
are the software engineers that made the offending product I happen to be
struggling with ...

-- Mike