[TriLUG] [OT] Desk Toys and Real men (was: Re: Theo is a not nice person)

John Franklin franklin at elfie.org
Wed Jul 3 11:56:33 EDT 2002

On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 11:24:28AM -0400, Mike Helms wrote:
> of those cheap plastic army figurines.  Sometimes I pretend that I'm the
> army guy with the machine gun, and I line up the other guys who I pretend
> are the software engineers that made the offending product I happen to be
> struggling with ...

Do you teach a stress-management course?  That has got to be one of the
most wonderful methods of stress relief I've heard of.

> Wow, I thought I was the only one who had desk ornamentation.

For the record: Gundam GP-01, coffee mug, tons of printouts and old mail.
Occasionally a real-live cat that wants something.

My server has a stuffy bunny in a late-1800s style suit with bow tie.
He's my good luck charm to keep the server running.

jf
--
John Franklin
franklin at elfie.org