[TriLUG] Macs ... I just don't get it

john broome john at jbroome.org
Sun Jul 7 10:52:10 EDT 2002

On Sun, 2002-07-07 at 10:04, Ben Pitzer wrote:

> You know, they might be an interesting speaker for a meeting one night.
> Not the store sales guys, but maybe some sort of Apple spokesperson.
> Somebody (from Apple) who would come in an talk about how OS X compares
> to Linux and BSD, and the OSes that we've all be using and loving for
> years.  Plus, maybe they'll sponsor a meeting and give us free schwag.
> Any thoughts?

It might not be a bad idea to see if someone from TriMUG (http://tmug.org)
could come give us a talkin' to.

My girlfriend has an 800mhz G4 with 512mb RAM in the house, and while I don't
use it as much as my intel boxes I have to say I'm impressed with it.

Speed hasn't been a problem, the UI is great (once I changed the themes from
that happy, bubbly, crap), and I would totally buy one for myself once I
learn to poop cash.

Of course when I compare it to my previous apple experience (first computer
was an Apple ][ +) of course I'll be impressed.  :)