[TriLUG] Macs ... I just don't get it

burnett at pobox.com burnett at pobox.com
Sun Jul 7 12:08:36 EDT 2002

On 7 Jul 2002, Ben Pitzer wrote:

> Hey, Chris,
>
> Here's my $.02:
>
> On Sat, 2002-07-06 at 22:10, Chris Hedemark wrote:
> > I know there are a number of Mac fans here, so I'm hoping they might
> > tell me what I'm missing.

[bigsnip]
> > I'll never get used to the one mouse button thing either.
>
> Easily fixed.  Apple has USB down pat.  Get a 3 button USB mouse, and
> viola'.  You're good to go.  A good USB keyboard too.  That's what I'd
> do.  The OS is great, but those little Mac keyboards and mice do bug me
> a bit.

If you want a mouse with more than three buttons (as in five buttons and a
trackball), the Razer Boomslang 2000 beloved of gaming geeks works just
great on mac laptops (iBook with OS 9, ti[tanium]Book with OS X).

best,
Steve
--
Steve Burnett    burnett at pobox.com   http://www.pobox.com/~burnett/
System Administration Technical Documentation Information Retrieval