[TriLUG] Linux success story (and please help me)

jeremyp at pobox.com jeremyp at pobox.com
Mon Jul 8 18:51:30 EDT 2002

On Fri, 5 Jul 2002 gregbrown at mindspring.com wrote:

> So what can anyone back in the US do for me?
>
> Please please please give me the IP address of the American-English version of
> google.com.  When I try to hit www.google.com or www.altavista.com the DNS
> servers and routers assume since I'm originating from Korea I can read Korean
> (almost true; I can read a little bit but not enough to work with search
> engines).  So, if anyone can provide a http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx address to
> google I would be most appreciative.  Or, even better, if you are bored can
> provide me with a link were I can enter my serach where that CGI search is
> forwarded to Google magically?

Hi,
You can force Google to display in English by going to
	http://www.google.com/search?hl=en
Also try this direct link to the preferences page:
	http://www.google.com/preferences?hl=en

Save the preferences there, and it should set a cookie so it will remain
in English.

You can also search Google through Yahoo, if it's easier for you to get to
Yahoo's English pages.

--Jeremy