[TriLUG] SGML-Tools

Peter Long petelong at petelong.com
Wed Jul 10 13:04:57 EDT 2002

Hi all,

I have been using SGML-Tools (http://www.sgmltools.org) to write a user
manual for some software I wrote. I used sgml2latex to create a postscript
version of the document and then converted it to a pdf using ps2pdf13. It
all worked, however the fonts in the pdf file are hideous. Anyone know how
I could improve them?

BTW: I am using SGML-Tools because I used KDevelop to write the application
originally and it generated the original sgml document skeleton for me. Is
there something beter out there? Does SGML-Tools differ from Docbook. I
heard that term somewhere but I am not sure if it is just a spec or a set
of tools. Once again, any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
--
Peter Long