[TriLUG] kmail and RoadRunner

Ed Warnicke hagbard at physics.rutgers.edu
Mon Jul 15 21:52:38 EDT 2002

One other thought...  running the following command:

cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn

if it returns a 1, then you have TCP ECN enabled.  There are many
broken load balancing products that incorrectly drop
packets with TCP ECN enabled.  If the above command
returned 1, then try ( as root ):

echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn

which should disable ECN, and then try connecting to your
RR pop again.

Hope this helps.

Ed