[TriLUG] More SCSI fun

Bryan Burroughs beburrou at unity.ncsu.edu
Tue Jul 16 20:26:35 EDT 2002

Hello again,
    Well, I have narrowed down my SCSI problems to some kind of hardware
conflict, as a hard drive which I used to create a basic Linux
installation still comes up with a "Boot failed" error when only that
hard drive is connected to the card, and the RH disc one in the CD
drive.  I also think that my system is not liking SCSI devices with
sizes greater than 2GB, as several hard drives which are recognized by
the card are not recognized by the RH program.  My ain thought is a
possible IRQ conflict, as I have noted the card uses the same IRQ as my
IDE contollers under WinXP.  ANy more thoughts on this?  Should i just
fork out the dough and get a more recent SCSI card?
    Bryan Burroughs

--
"It's a one dog town, and he's old and mean..."
	-- Garth Brooks